After 4 years of being in the business, we have listened to the questions most smaller-sized businesses and non-profit organizations have when they are just getting started narrowing down the right web company for them. Then we condensed this list to the 19 best questions for you, a map of questions for when you visit your next web designer.
1. Is there a contact form so people can get in touch with me from my website?
2. Is there a map to my business?
3. Are my hours of operation, phone number, and physical address easy to find?
4. Is it easy for people to find and follow me on our social media pages?
5. Do people know my industry of expertise and the area I service?
6. Do people have a feel for my personality and how I conduct business?
7. Does my website look good on mobile phones?
8. In case of emergency, how easy is it for people to find and contact me using their mobile phone?
9. Will my business website appear when people search for my industry of expertise and geographic region on search engines?
10. Will my business appear when people search for the name of my business?
11. Is my website secure?
12. Is my website backed up in case something unforeseen happens?
13. Does my website load quickly?
14. Is it easy to update my website?
15. Can I start a business blog?
16. Can I put advertisements on my website?
17. Can I proudly display my business partners on my website?
18. How long will it take?
19. On a scale from 1-10, how much intention was put into the design so that I always make a great first impression with my customers?
Hopefully, this list was helpful for you. At the end of the day, we of course recommend you go with a web partner, not a vendor. Having clarity on how a web partner can serve you and your business long-term will help you pick the right one. Good luck with your search and let us know if we can help you! 🙂