How This First Got Started
There is a really neat article on our website that shares part of the story. In 2015 we put up Little Free Library in Manson, Iowa at a local Ford dealership. The sign read “Take a Book, Leave a Book.” From there we learned from Jessica McClard that we could do the same thing with food or really anything, with a sign that reads “Take what you need, Leave what you can.” On February 8th, 2017 we built our very first box. Then in March on St. Patty’s weekend we installed it next to the sidewalk outside The Rising Church in Arvada, CO.
This wasn’t the first time in my life I used a box to share things with the people I care about. When I was in fourth grade I participated in the annual “invention convention” and my father and I invented a device that sat on our kitchen countertop, we called it a “Treat Tree.”
The idea behind the Treat Tree was simple. People could take anything out or put anything in the tree, but it was mostly just for my immediate family. A Treat Tree is exactly like a Community Blessing Box, but instead of sitting on your kitchen countertop it sits in your neighborhood.
Want more information?
Reach out to Heath directly at email@example.com
- July 28th, 2017: Heath Rost Completes Leadership Jefferson County Program
- July 28th, 2017: Arvada Young Professionals Win Sand in the City Sculpture Contest
- July 11th, 2017: Rising Church’s Blessing Box provides for hungry community in Olde Town Arvada
- June 24th, 2017: Heath Rost to receive award at Sisters Enterprise 13th Annual Random Acts of Kindness Program
- May 16th, 2017: Community comes together to restore garden
- May 8th, 2017: Personable Media Supports Local Art at Sand in the City
- May 2nd, 2017: Community leaders freshen up Foster Elementary School’s garden
- March 29th, 2017: Business Spotlight: Heath Rost, Personable Media
- March 11th, 2017: The Rising Church opens community share “blessing” box to public
- July 8th, 2016: Heath Rost, Founder of Personable Media, Interviewed on Business Innovators Magazine Radio Show to Discuss Website Design
- December 8th, 2014: Lending library opens to public at Rost Motor